Knightrokon 2014

This post was originally published on June 27th, 2014 on my weebly (cherrywallflower.weebly.com). However, I've edited this post on here to make it look like it was actually published on 6/27/14 for organizational purposes. I made convention blog posts in 2013 on this account, so to keep things consistent and convenient, I'm moving things from weebly to here. I edited a few things and added pictures which makes this just a liiitle bit different from my original weebly post. I've deleted the original post on my weebly to avoid redundancy. 

Con friendship is magic.
 Knightrokon was pretty cool. I really like this con because it's put on by University of Central Florida's Student Government and I think that's awesome that the school is supporting something like this lolololol. I also like how the day pass is only $10 WOOO! It's also cool how it's held in the student uinion area because there are places to eat inside the building which is really convenient.

Knightrokon pretty much had the basic things you needed at a con: dealer's room, artist alley, costume contest, game room, panels, and anime viewing rooms. There were also some musical guests. I know there was a band, was there something else? If you really want to know just google it xD I know, I am so helpful.

But what made Knightrokon REALLY awesome was the maid cafe that I wasn't even able to go to LOL. My friends and I arrived late and there was some scheduling conflicts so we weren't able to arrive in time. I was disappointed because I really wanted to check it out, but what can you do? The maid cafe was Cafe Peko Peko :D I adore all the girls in there so much! They have new pink uniforms now because they did a lot of revamping and I love it and I am so happy for them :D I'm a huge supporter of them and I can proudly say that I may be their number one fangirl lol! Hopefully in the future I can do a full report/review of my experience at an actual new Cafe Peko Peko event.
OH YEAH ABOUT MY COSPLAY. So, I've been wanting to cosplay Velma from Scooby Doo (lolduh) for a while now and I thought that I might as well do it for knightrokon. I bought an orange dress shirt at Goodwill along with these BIG red shorts that I transformed into a skirt xD I also wanted to do this cosplay because my hair's still short/a reasonable length to pull off Velma. It was  very last minute cosplay. A proper version will be done in the future!


s0 sexy I know.

UPDATE: 2014 was Knitrokon's last year. REST IN PEACE. I'm going to miss it, honestly. It's a good one day con, was only ten dollars, a pretty chill environment, and in a cool location. Hopefully things can be fixed up again for future generations to experience the magic that was Knightrokon *trumpet music plays or whatever instrument would be fitting for a moment like this*


My Vlog! 

 Thanks for reading!

 

Comments