Shadocon 2013

Hello!

Last weekend I went to Shadocon :3

I was there to help promote Holiday Matsuri, another convention, that I am an ambassador for~

(credit: wowitsmetaylor ~*instagram*~)

My friend Taylor, aka my convention partner in crime xD, came over and stayed at my dorm. Woohoo for saving hotel money (*3*)
It was really fun having her over because I miss how nice it feels to be around really close friends xD

Shadocon was at a different hotel this year. It was less crowded than last year, which was a relief, but it still was a weird location because part of the hotel was under construction o_O There were a lot of nice places to take pictures outside though. There was a "nature trail," a nice patio type area with tables and chairs, and a big plain grass field for people to have cosplay photo meetups lawls. However, I noticed that a lot of shows were delayed again this year. Last year that was a huge problem. I remember waiting 20-30 minutes for one thing and then one show being 30-40 minutes late as well. Erm, yeah. I didn't buy a pass though, so it didn't really matter to me. 

I saw A LOT of homestucks, which I have no problem with unlike a lot of non-homestucks. I mean, it's just a thing people are into. Some cosplays are really cool too, you gotta admit.

It was really fun advertising the convention. All the girls wore matching outfits made by one of the head con people, Krystal~ She's really nice and soo creative.
She also makes cute charms :3c

Basically, for the whole day I stood at the booth we had and handed out flyers. It sounds boring but it was fun because I also had this video idea:


I basically just went up to people and asked "would you like to be in my youtube video called 'dancing cosplayers at shadocon'?" xD
I'll be making more of these in the future OMGOMG. I really enjoyed editing it because I like matching up clips with music and I think a lot of people who were a part of it were glad they were in the video. Plus, it's nice to have a video where it's not all about yourself for a change xDD

There are a lot of regular photographers who attend conventions and here are some really nice pictures they took :3

I made a collage LOl

(credit: well, pretty obvious LOL)


Ugh it's so weird to see all of these x-mas pictures before Halloween xP
sorry about that LOL. 

Near the end of the day the rest of the members were getting really hungry so a couple of other people and volunteered to stay at the booth longer. We then started playing music and dancing xD


This song was the most popular OF COURSE.
That was the song of the weekend for me xD

I'm really looking forward to this year's Holiday Matsuri because this will be my first time being a part of the behind-the-scenes aspect of a convention. I also might be able to host an event/contest, which makes me really really excited xD I'm also going to bring my kakkoi karaoke panel idea as well :3 can't remember if I mentioned that before or not LOL There are also a lot more events, contest, and interactive things!!! 

I'll also be turning 20 this year too xD oh boy. 

Until next time ~*~*~*~ ('___')// 

Comments