I'm going to Japan!

Hey Everyone!

I finally feel safe to announce that I will be studying abroad in Japan for 4 months for my spring semester of college!

Despite working on this since fall semester and being accepted into the program during December of 2014, I've been reluctant to announce this because I was worried that something might happen that will prevent be from going. BUT, I got my flight ticket, my visa, and I leave in a week!

It still feels....surreal LOL. This is something I've been day dreaming about ever since middle school so the thought of finally going to Tokyo is...surreal LOL.

My biggest fear is that this will all go by so fast which is why I will be vlogging and working on several projects while I'm there!

My vlogs are going to be uploaded every week, or two times a week. When I first get there, I'll definitely be uploading A LOT because everything will be new to me. As I get settled in, I imagine the vlogs being less frequent, however I imagine myself uploading more...idk...concentrated videos? Like let's say I visit a cat cafe: if I visit a cat cafe I'll make a separate cat cafe vlog instead of a "here's what I did on a saturday vlog" if that explanation makes any sense haha.

My second project is going to be a mini documentary that will be 10 to 15 minutes. This will be uploaded when I get back and will be directed towards those who wish to see my entire Japan trip in one video. For this, I will be going for a more mature tone and practicing more with cinematography...if I can even call it that LOL. I'll be trying to get really nice shots with [what I think are] good composition, and I'll edit everything nicely with a voice over and cool music. 

My third project has two parts and it's called "Deadpool goes to Japan." You're probably thinking, "lolwat" or "ewww deadpool" or "...lolwat." With this project I'll be taking my Deadpool action figure, posing him around places and taking pictures and video of him. I though it would be a funny idea xD The video will be posted on my channel and the pictures will be compiled on a blogpost and be posted on instagram.

My last project is really simple. I'm going to bring a disposable camera to take pictures. I'll also be bringing my digital camera of course, but with the disposable camera the novelty is that you don't see any of the pictures until it's developed. Also, there;s limited space. With a digital camera, you can take a tousand pictures, which is awesome but can also give you like a sensory overload LOL. With my disposable camera, it'll help me determine which moments of my trip are really the most memorable, because with the limited space on there, I really have to pick and choose. I will be posting these pictures onto a separate blog post as well.

While studying abroad I plan on learning and practicing sooo much Japanese. I took Japanese in high school from sophomore year to senior year and I continued Japanese my first year of college, but that was it. My university didn't offer any higher levels of Japanese. I should have kept learning! Sadly, I didn't really practice much LOL. I plan on soaking up as much Japanese as I can while I'm there so that I can have a good foundation to keep practicing and self-studying when I get back.

I plan on going all out and experiencing all the things I've seen on youtube, in anime, in documentaries and what I've read in books...like a dork xD I am embarrassed to say this, but the thing I am the most excited about seeing is the AKB48 THEATRE AND CAFE AND SOO MUCH AKB48 STUFF. There is zero AKB48 stuff in the U.S. and even at conventions, I never see akb48 stuff. I definitely want to check out maid cafes, ...go to a host club LOL, stay in Kyoto for a weekend (if I have enough money!), go to a summer festival, see all the historial land marks, eat REAL ramen, visit like the largest seafood market in the world in Tokyo LOL, and so much more *_*

I'm not going to say "this is something I never imagine would happen!" because it is something I DID imagine would happen and something I KNEW I was going to make happen. If you dream of studying abroad, don't give up!


Thanks for reading!

Comments