Knightrokon

Last Saturday my friend and I checked out Knightrokon, a small anime con held at UCF.


This was my first time at UCF's campus lawl. I almost went to this school, but chose not to go. I always somewhat regret it though because I think I'd be happier at UCF, but the classes there are HUGE.

This is a touch screen mounted on the wall that displayed the power usage on campus. Knightorkon was held in the student union xD

Anyway, the day pass was only 10 dollars which was awesome and was the main incentive for going LOL. Plus we became friends with someone at Holiday Matsuri who is on the Knightorkon staff. She encouraged us to check it out. 

Here's my outfit DERP:
I made the skirt and the bow. That was the first skirt I ever made with my sewing machine xD I wore two tutus underneath to make it seem poofy. idk I guess I was going for an idol/aidoru school girl look pfffft.

We first checked out the maid and host cafe, and it was...terrible. Well, maybe the time that WE were there it was, but seriously what the hell was going on there?! I almost became one of the maids there, but I turned it down because I wasn't sure if I was able to go to this 100% or not, and I didn't want to order a new dress, that I didn't like a whole lot, just for a one time event. When we got inside this host guy walked us to our table and handed us a menu of snacks we could buy. Luckily we didn't have to pay at the door for anything. We didn't want to buy anything of course lol. On stage was this girl tuning her guitar or something but she wasn't performing. This seemed more like a lounge with people dressed as maids and hosts just walking around the place. Maybe I missed something or maybe I came in at the wrong time idk, but it was just weird.

After that we passed by this table where this lady was asking to take pictures of us for the Knightokon facebook page, I said I would come back later, BUT I NEVER DID. ugh I'm never letting that happen again xD

The dealer's room was small, but had typical dealer's room stuff. Artist Alley had a lot of neat-o stuff. I've been more interested in artist ally lately because I'd rather pay just a little bit more to buy a unique item that someone put a lot of work into. 

doodle table in artist ally xD

We sat through a fairly good amount of panels. One was called "anime death match" where people basically picked out a strong anime character and debated about who would win, and it was like a tournament lol. Too bad I was unfamiliar with pretty much all the characters. Man, I need to catch up on anime LOL. Another panel was about the portrayal of magical girls through the years. We also watched this "geek stand up comedian" annnd welp that's all I can remember lol.

There were some other random things going on too. At the beginning of our day there, we saw this random acapella group performing on the first floor. They sang video game/cartoon music of course. They were great and each person in the group had their own personality. Then in this lounge area on the third floor (terrible at describing rooms) there was "live music." We saw these two guys rapping (songs were obviously video game/anime inspired LOL) dressed up as ninjas (more like a ninja mask on one and a black super suit on the other) performing (wow what kind of sentence is this). They were really energetic and putting a lot into their performance and their songs were catchy. Sadly the only people in the audience were my friend and I, and two other people xD Hopefully they can perform at another con because they really seemed cool.

The costume contest was pretty interesting. There was pre judging so we didn't have to wait on the judges for making their decision. It was short and sweet. My friend Porsha won one of the judge's awards~ 

That's the best pic I could get xD She was dressed up as someone from Winx Club. She goes by Fudgie Cosplay and has a facebook page hehehe. Too bad I didn't see her at all after the contest LOL.

Derp moment of the day: I saw that there was a rock paper scissor tournament, but there REALLY WASN'T ONE. I even asked the people in the game room who were keep track of tournament sign up sheets. I was told that someone was probably "trolling." I REALLY WANT TO BE A PART OF IT LOL. I should create one for a con. maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Proof: LOL

My friend and I brought our lunch/snacks with us for the day and it was such a great idea. I recommend that to anyone going to a con, but I feel like people do that anyway LOL. It saves so much money xD 

This car was parked next to my friend's car HUEHEUHEUHEUHE

We did eat dinner at ucf though. It was just this place in the student union. I think it was called Wackadoos LOL.
I wanted to order that FAT ASS BURGER but I didn't want to deal with the side effects LOL.

For some reason, I thought we had to pay extra for the rave, so I figured my friend wouldn't be interested in doing that so I didn't bring a cool outfit to wear for the rave LOL. I just wore the skirt I wore on the way there which was this blue thing. Luckily, it was part of the ticket and the dj played really good music. idk why but it was just so GOOD LOL. My friend and I danced cheesily as usual. We are creative people. Here's the DJ's website: http://benjaminbriggs.bandcamp.com/

I only got one picture with cosplayers LOL. I always feel too shy to ask people. ugh it's so annoying. Or I see someone I want to take a picture with, but they're busy, so I wait until they're not busy BUT THEN I FORGET LOL. At least with the one picture I got, the cosplayers were really really cute xD


welp this was a good precursor to Metrocon which is in late July. GOSH I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED FOR IT. by then I'll be caught up with so much anime xD

until next time (* 3*)/~~~



Comments

  1. Your outfit is very cute ^^ I think a rock paper scissors tournament could be so much fun XD The maid and host cafe sounds pretty terrible haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it would be great because there's no skill required and it's basically a game of chance so everyone can have a good time playing it haha~

      Delete

Post a Comment