UmiCon 2013

I felt like I was dying near the end, WHICH WAS A GREAT FEELING.


This is a VERY long post LOL.

wow wow wow okay so UMICON 2013 was sooo fun xD

I love UmiCon because it's in my hometown (like I've mentioned so many times before) so it's nice to see people back at home like my friends, people who went to my high school, and even people who went to my middle school omg.

I rode a greyhound bus home l0l, and back to school. It wasn't a bad experience, and it was kinda cool. I just HATED the times though. I arrived home at 12:45 midnight because I left the city my school's in at 7:45 :P I would have preferred to arrive at a much earlier time. ah well.

I hosted my karaoke event with my friend who helped come up with the idea with me. Yep, Kakkoi Karaoke. I posted about it on here before. Because of this, I was able to get a free day pass, and an additional 3 free day passes for the convention because, according to the head guy of the con, a 2 hour panel results in 4 free day passes for the host. Usually two people host a one hour panel, but since this is two hours, he just multiplied it by two. No big deal right? Well, This woman who was at registration just would NOT buy that at all even when some other woman got the actual head guy of the convention to talk to her AND I showed her the e-mail I received from him. I know people cheat the system, but that's what I was told and the head con guy DID say it was OK. That whole thing started me off on a sour, and anxious note.

Because I planned on getting three people in for free, AND to also help out with my panel, I told my friend, my co-host, and my co-host told his girlfriend that we all didn't need passes. One of my friends couldn't make it anymore, so I got a different friend to go because I needed to use someone's computer (since mine doesn't have sound like I've said a bajillion times LOL) and I also never met him in person before since we only talked on Facebook.

When I first went to the woman at registration, she looked for my name on the list. First of all, I didn't even know our names would be on a list. NO ONE asked me for my name and the other people for my panel. I guess they got my name from my e-mail. Afterwards, I was worried about the name-on-the-list issue because I thought my co-host wasn't going to make it anymore either. So I told her that my friend was going to come to help with the computer. She told me it was okay, so he got his pass. THEN, I get a text from my co-host that he actually CAN make it so I felt SO TERRIBLE that my friend got a pass and he didn't so I went to the woman at registration to talk to her about that AGAIN. This was when she got super fishy and had to get the head con guy over. yadda yadda.

My co-host arrived, with his girlfriend, and I explained everything and I felt doubtful about her getting a pass because with three people it already felt like I was pushing it. Well, my co-host got a pass but as I predicted, his girlfriend didn't. The woman was telling me that I can't get my friends in for free and all of that blah blah blah. I was so intimidated by her and I didn't want to make things worse. I also didn't think about explaining that all of these people WERE going to help out with the panel. It's not like I was gonna just do all the work, while they're just freeloaders. It just didn't dawn on me that we really did need 4 people. I originally thought two people would be enough and the two other friends would just be extra help if needed, but during the event all of us had a job to do and I feel like it would have been a lot harder if it was just me and my co-host.

Phew. Okay, glad I got all of that explaining out of the way.

Once the ticket thing was settled, I could finally calm down. I hung around the dealer's room with some friends for a while until it was time for the karaoke event.


At almost every convention I go to, I always see this vendor who sells stuff from Japan like traditional clothes and a few anime things. The thing he sells that amuses me the much is the super hentai 18+ grab bag LOL. I saw the vendor in the dealer's room and asked him where the super hentai grab bags were, because I didn't see them xD He then proceeded to talk to me and my friend for a long time and the discussion went on about how one time in the grab bags they put actual uncensored live-action japanese adult videos and people were actually disappointed that it wasn't actually anime LOL. Unexpected, yet interesting discussion nonetheless. 

Wow okay for all of you Avengers fans, you would have died being there because there was a photo op table with THOR and this Thor looked PRETTY MUCH EXACTLY like the guy in the movie. IT WAS SO WEIRD AND COOL. If I was a Thor fangirl I would die. I haven't even seen that movie yet. Yep, I haven't seen it. THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE SOON ONCE I GET MY NEW LAPTOP.

All right so at 6pm it was Kakkoi Karaoke time!

It took us almost 30 minutes to set up. We were planning on connecting my friend's laptop to the tv in the room, but he has a mac and that doesn't have an hdmi port .-. My co-host brought a net book, pc, but that ALSO didn't have an hdmi port. I was like FUUUUU, but then someone had the idea of just attaching an amp to a laptop and then a microphone to the amp. That was perfectly fine and worked out much better. We had a table set up for the laptop to sit on, facing the person, but the person was still facing the audience. If we used the TV, the person's back would be to the audience, so I'm glad the TV didn't work xD

I was also a dumbass and waited until the last minute to copy all of the song selections onto a sheet of paper. I was also a dumbass who waited until the last minute to download karaoke videos for the panel. A lot of people requested songs that we didn't have, but luckily there was wifi and Youtube was our friend LOL. I thought people would be picky and only want to sing to the instrumentals of songs, but actually, people were okay with just singing along to the original songs as long as there were lyrics on the screen. Because of all of this, we now know how to make this event better for next time ;D

It was so nice seeing everyone dance around and sing! It was a real party! I recorded some performances that will be on my vlog which will be posted at the end of this post once I'm done editing it!!! :3

Afterwards, I WAS SO FREAKIN HUNGRY. I was hungry at like 5:30 but I didn't want to run late for the karaoke event so I didn't eat. Then during the karaoke event I was too busy hosting it so I couldn't leave. SO OF COURSE I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY AFTER. I had some chicken strips from burger king because I didn't want to mess up my make up from my cosplay by eating a burger LOL.

WOOT.

We brought our food back to the hotel. I kind of wish we went inside burger king, but I was just so iffy about it because of my make up and it was at night xD One of my friends was cosplaying Pocahontas, and my other friend was a guy with really long hair so even though he wasn't in cosplay he still didn't fit the "norm" EFF YEAH. However, walking back inside the hotel from the parking lot, I waved to cars that passed by xD It's like a tradition for con goers to go out in cosplay during a convention, so ughh I gotta be less shy next time LOL.

The rave was pretty fun, and set up nicer than last year like with the lights and the room it was in. I didn't change into a rave outfit because I didn't freakin feel like it even though I did plan one out the night before and brought it with me LOL. I just changed my shirt which I had since middle school PFFFT.

I still dance so awkwardly at those things omfg. maybe I need to invest in move rave-like outfits because I'm the type who's mood changes based on their clothes LOL. So if I'm in a super rave party outfit then I'll be in super rave party mode. watch me be wrong and just forever awk.

At 1am or something I thought it would be good to step outside of the room for a bit so we sat on the floor at like the main convention hall (I guess that's what you'd call it) and talked to random people who passed by that we knew, or didn't know xD Apparently Denny's has unlimited pancakes at 2am so the word was passed around so a bunch of people from the con could meet up there. Welp my friend really wanted to go and I don't oppose things like this SO WE WENT LOL.

Half the people from the con at Denny's we wearing underwear on their heads because they went to the hentai panel. They were really kawaii underwears omg. I WISH I WENT. I would keep the underwears as a souvenir <_< ANYWAY, the group was really loud, but not obnoxious, just loud because of excitement LOL. Our waitress was awesome though omg she was so nice and fun and even got someone's underwear, put it on her head, and had someone take a picture of her LOL.

I wasn't really hungry, JUST REALLY THIRSTY, and in need of energy, so I ordered an iced coffee. I was happy to find out that refills were free so I had another LOL. The glass was really big/tall so oh my god did it keep me awake. I was talking to fast and I was so excited and happy xD But I really was happy because I was sitting at a table with really awesome peoplez.

We stayed at Denny's until 4 AM OMG because the guy who kind of organized this meetup wanted to get a group picture so we all had to wait for everyone to pay. Apparently the rule was that girls get picked up by a guy in the picture, if she wanted them to. OF COURSE I TOOK UP THAT OPPORTUNITY XD


IT TOOK KIND OF FOREVER AND MY NEW FRIEND WHO OFFERED TO CARRY ME WAS PRACTICALLY DYING WHILE CARRYING ME BUT IT WAS REALLY FUNNY LOL YAY.

okay PICS WITH COSPLAYERS TIME!

She went to my high school and was a part of the Japanese club :D I didn't ask who she was but I'm assuming she's Miku LOL.

She added me on Facebook because we had a mutual friend xD now I saw her in person. 

This girl in the middle, Marceline, went to my high school as well :D
idk who the third girl is (she just jumped in the picture) BUT SHE LOOKS CUTE TOO.

This is my friend Beth who also went to MetroCon with me omg. We went to the same middle school and were friends but it was awk. I'm so glad we reconnected xD SHE'S SO HILARIOUS AND FUN.

Wow this is a really great Tidus cosplayer and me being a derp. Idk why I posed like this. It was either this or a fangirly pose. LOOK AT HOW HANDSOME HE IS *_*

Me and Joker senpai omg.

HARLEY-CHAN. I wish I stood closer to her LOL I LOOK SO FAR AWAY.

LALALA~

When I got home I COULD NOT SLEEP. 


Here's my make up when I got home. NOT TO BAD. I mean with The Joker you can get away with messy make up because you can say you're going for a more "deranged" look pffffffffft. 

I used a primer that was green for "redness reduction." It didn't entirely eliminate the redness in my skin, but it REALLY made my skin smooth. Then, I mixed an ivory primer with white face paint. It was the face paint that comes in the tube, and is like 99 cents. Not the best. I can't use it at all by itself because it effs up really easily, so mixing it with the foundation made it have a somewhat smoother texture. I set it with ben nye translucent powder.
For my eyes, I just used black eye shadow and black liquid eyeliner. I didn't have eye lid primer, but I will def get on that soon @)_@. As for my lips, I used red eyeliner xD I smiled and extended my lips. I only practiced this once so I'm glad I didn't screw it up. I then used a matte red lipstick on my lips and on the line I drew. I set it with red blush xD I never once had to touch it up.
One of my friends had ben nye setting spray in her room. I asked if I could use it, and she said I could :D MAN, I need to get some of that too LOL. I only re-powdered my face once which was before the rave.


My make up came off pretty easily xD
I just used my regular scrub twice, applied a toner, rinsed it off and then moisturized.

The next day I just felt terrible and it took me forever to pack my stuff. I didn't even clean my room before I left. I wanted to sleep on the whole bus ride home, BUT I COULDN'T, so just closed my eyes. Although after I transferred onto the second bus I did sleep for like an hour. Then I rode a taxi back to school.

when I got back in my dorm I just dumped my stuff on the ground and IT'S STILL LIKE THAT. I'll clean it up tomorrow.

I just, gah, I just had so much fun xD

Each convention has a different vibe, and I like Umicon's down to earth vibe. It just feels so nice because it's at home, like I've said a bajillionz time.

Comments